About the job
About the company:
ESO Sports are specialists in major global mountain bike races and festivals. Formed in 2012, they are the owners and operators of the Enduro World Series (EWS), which now includes a network of over 80 events in 35 countries. EWS is sanctioned by the International Cycling Union (UCI) including EWS-E, the first UCI sanctioned international enduro e-bike series.
In 2021, Warner Brothers Discovery invested in ESO Sports, strengthening the organization’s relationship with Play Sports Network (PSN) and further cementing their commitment to developing mountain biking globally.
In 2023, ESO Sports will deliver the Mountain Bike Cross-Country and Mountain Bike Marathon races at the 2023 Cycling World Championships.
The company has its global headquarters in the Scottish Borders and is quickly growing its dedicated staff team across all departments from Sport and Events too Commercial, Marketing and Communications.
- We share a collective ambition to elevate mountain biking to one of the most respected sports in the world, inviting audiences around the globe to connect with this incredible sport
- Through working closely with the industry on new technology, we continue to drive forward innovations in sport, safety and sustainability
- Our sporting events showcase and develop MTB tourism destinations, ensuring a positive legacy for local communities
Our core values:
- We operate with professionalism and legitimacy, always striving to maintain the integrity of the sport
- We use our drive and our passion to spark innovation and push boundaries
- Creating strong connections is incredibly important to us. Communicating is central to everything that we do
About the role:
As Audience Development Manager for ESO, you will be responsible for marketing optimization to help achieve growth, engagement and commercial objectives.
This individual will be responsible for data-driven decisions on all of our channels, primarily YouTube, Instagram and Facebook; as well as robust measurement, analytical reporting and data analysis that produces clear recommendations and demonstrates positive impact.
You will have a close working relationship with the commercial team, providing insights and reports that strengthen our relationships and help increase event, athlete and team value.
It is the perfect role for someone who loves cycling and has a keen interest in data insights and marketing. We will provide you with ESO-specific training, and, while we have a supportive and development-focussed environment, you will have responsibilities from the off-set.
- Report, analyze and provide insights to the marketing team on the performance of content
- Analysis social media insights, web analytics and other data, to inform future strategy and online community management tactics
- Determine appropriate titles, descriptions and other metadata for videos and other content, eg newsletters, website articles, digital advertising
- Create and deliver performance reports for the commercial team and ESO partners
- Align ESO’s reporting and data analysis with the PSN Insights team
- You’ll need to be analytical with a strong understanding of the insights that support informed business growth decisions
- Demonstrable experience and track record in a fast paced marketing role
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations for the marketing, content and commercial teams based on findings
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and social media monitoring
- An agile approach to change, and an ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in organizational priorities
- You’ll need to have a good eye for detail, exceptional spelling and grammar and the ability to prepare data in a presentable way
- A passion for new technology tools
- Know how to read audience data and translate this into tangible recommendations and actions
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms and current best practices
- Knowledge of in-platform social media insights, Meltwater / Google Data Studio and other engagement tracking tools to provide data reports including AVE and ROI
- A working knowledge of owned, earned and paid media
- And understanding of / interest in cycling / mountain biking
- A degree in Marketing, Business Management, Statistics, Data Analytics etc.
- Generating informative, data driven reports
- Reviewing online audience behavior and acting on these insights
- Acting upon data insights in developing social media channels/communities
- Commercial and partnership reporting would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to join ESO as the company experiences a period of significant global growth.
As an active, outdoor and passionate cycling company, at the heart of the mountain bike industry, we celebrate ambitious, creative, innovative and self-motivated individuals who want to join a growing Scottish-based, global organisation.
- Company pension
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Welcome gift pack
- Staff discounts with partners
- Team rides/social activities
- Based in Innerleithen, Scottish Borders
- Full-time, permanent
- Flexible working available
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
Start date: August 2022
Application Deadline: 3rd July 2022
This role requires the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated as per the current Scottish Government guidelines. If you have any concerns or questions about this, please contact ESO HR at [email protected]